Monday, November 9, 2015

BLABBERIZE

BLABBERIZE



Does this picture look familiar?  If it does, then you must have read my last blog where I created a Wordle.  I decided to make a Wordle that would list all the prime numbers under 100.  I was pleased with my creation, but wondered how I could enhance it even more.

Enter Blabberize!!! "Blabberize is a photo editing tool that creates talking animations from a photo or other image. Browse the ready-made blabbers or create."(www.teachersfirst.com)
Ok, I'll be honest, one of my colleagues told me that this web tool was one of the easier ones to understand and did not take that long to create your own.

When I researched the web tool, I quickly saw the appeal.  It is doesn't take long to do, is easy to create.

Step 1: Pick an image to import
Step 2: Make a mouth that moves and place it where you'd like on the image
Step 3: Add audio

As always, I was looking for creating something that was practical, and since I had already created a Wordle on Prime Numbers, I decided I would add audio to go along with it, so now students weren't only exposed to the visual, they had access to audio, which provided them with a definition of prime numbers, composite numbers, and how the number 1 is neither prime nor composite.  The fact that the message is coming from a "talking" elephant only adds to the engagement level.  This an easy-to use web tool that teachers and students should be able to create with little difficulty.

1 comment: