Tuesday, December 15, 2015

The Break Up


Photo Source

Dear Edu 776: Integrating Technology Into Programming, Services, and Instruction,

      This is not easy for me to say, so I'm just going to come out and say it.  It's over between us.  Our relationship has run its course.  Our Wednesday and Sunday dates have to come to an end.  And I'm not Castanza-ing you, but it really isn't you, it's me.



Photo Source


      I think our relationship is like most other relationships.  At the beginning there is so much wide-eyed excitement and liveliness.  We spent tons of our free time together blogging on Blogger, discussing on Wiki, learning through Prezi, presenting on Creative Commons, sharing on Lino It, tweeting on Twitter, blabbering on Blabberize, storytelling on iMovie and much more.  I have learned so much from you, and for that, I'll always be grateful.


Photo Source


     And like most couples, we've truly had our ups and downs.  A relationship takes a lot of work to be successful; we knew that coming in.  Did you keep me up at night? Yes. Did you stress me out at times? For certain. But was it worth it?  Without a doubt.  

     I have never been afraid of technology. I was one of two teachers at my school who first volunteered to  have a Smartboard in my class.  I run my class through Edmodo and have a class website.  Explain Everything allows my students to create instructional videos and take assessments that allow them to explain their thinking.  Kahoot is a great way to formatively assess my students, keeping them engaged.

    I thank you for challenging me and forcing me to not be complacent.  I can honestly say that you've opened my eyes to a digital world I didn't know exist. Sure I could have spent my weekends watching hours of football or basketball, but I was exercising my mind and becoming a better teacher for it.  I would love to see where this relationship go, but my wife says I have to stop typing now and change this kid's diaper.  


Riley Madison Mann

    Don't be sad.  You'll be fine.  Heck, I'm sure in no time at all you'll find someone else to spend your time with.  



Fare thee well,

Sonny

     
     

No comments:

Post a Comment